- 2017 – Founded Beach Cities Estate Law.
- 2012 – 2017 – Private Law Practice in the Beach Cities.
- 2006 – 2012 – Personal Advisor to former CEO of Fortune 500 Company (and to his Estate after his passing).
- 1999 – 2004 – Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, APC, a boutique Trusts and Estates firm in West Los Angeles.
- 1994 – 1999 – O’Melveny & Myers, LLP – Los Angeles.
- Board Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Section
- South Bay Estate Planning Council, Board Member
- South Bay Bar Association
- ProVisors, Pacific Business Corridor
- Torrance Area Chamber of Commerce
EducationUniversity of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) 1994
- Order of the Coif Honor Society (top 10% of graduating class)
- UCLA Law Review, Editor and Business Manager
University of Notre Dame
- Bachelors of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Marketing Management 1990
- Magna Cum Laude
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
Growing up, I was the kid who loved reading the inside of the board game lid to make sure I knew all “the rules.” Now, my love of knowing and explaining “the rules” provides direction, counsel, and makes a real difference to others in some of the most challenging times of their lives.
I love that my clients share their deepest concerns and fears, and put their trust in me, as we explore their options. I love seeing that “aha” look on my clients’ faces after I explain how we can use “the rules” to their advantage. I also love that most of my meetings end with a big hug.
I’ve been a lawyer since 1994. When my twin boys were born in 2004, I took an extended sabbatical from the law. In 2006 a very persuasive former client engaged me to serve as his personal advisor. After he passed away, I worked with his Trustee and other key advisors to settle his complex estate. Having stayed connected to the legal community while spending time with my young children now enables me to bring a unique perspective to my clients. I began practicing law again in 2012; as my practice grew, I established Beach Cities Estate Law in 2017.
When I am not helping clients, I am out and about with my husband Kevin and our three children. I enjoy figure skating, cuddling with our two dogs, volunteering in my local parish community, and taking in activities at my kids’ three schools. (Go Cubs! Go Knights! Go Crusaders!) I also can’t resist a good cheese plate and a nice glass of wine.